1814 15th St
Mobile, AL 36615
The mission of this ride is to support the development of the Crepe Myrtle Trail and other multi-use path initiatives in Mobile!
Here are few changes that are happening this year resulting from a survey conducted after last year’s ride. The changes will make for a safer and more enjoyable, and will raise money that will go towards the creation of a Crepe Myrtle Trail.
- (1) Helmets are now required for this event. This includes all humans, including those smaller ones that might ride in trailers and ride-a-longs
- (2) registration is $10 for people ages 13 and up
- (3) children 8-12 are free (see info about kids below), and
- (4) the new, official turn-around spot is McNally Park.
Late Registration: 8:00 am
Ride Start: 8:30 am
– Starts at Arlington Park (1814 15th St S)
– Location Link: https://goo.gl/maps/DvoSDCKtvTy
– Early registration is through March 30: $10 – ages 13 and up.
– Same day Registration (on April 1): $15
– Riders age 8-12 are FREE
– Tickets are limited to 500 riders – get yours while you can!
– Register: http://www.crepemyrtleride.com/
– Proceeds from this ride will go towards operating costs of the ride, and towards the design and construction of a Crepe Myrtle Trail.
– This year, HELMETS ARE REQUIRED for all riders – there are no exceptions.
– Children in towed trailers and on “ride-a-longs” are permitted, but only with proper safety gear (helmets, seat belts, etc.)
– For safety considerations of all riders, bike riders under age 8 are not allowed – sorry kids!
– Children in towed trailers and on “ride-a-longs” are permitted, but only with proper safety gear (helmets, seat belts, etc.).
– Children should be experienced riders and be able enough to ride the full 10.6 miles in potentially warm weather or an oncoming wind.
– PARENTS OR GUARDIANS MUST REMAIN WITH CHILDREN DURING THE ENTIRE RIDE.
– Riders that fall behind will be picked up and transported back to Arlington Park.
– No training wheels allowed.
– Length: 10.6 Miles (with stops)
– Route Map: https://www.strava.com/routes/7524111
Beginner Friendly Pace (8-12 mph)
$20 in advance ($25 day of as supplies last) can be purchased during the registration process and picked up on the day of the event.
**Sponsors and Supporters**
This ride is made possible by Mobile United, with help from many other organizations including Alabama Coastal Foundation, Bicyclemobile.org, City of Mobile: Parks & Recreation, Delta Bike Project, Dog River Clearwater Revival, Downtown Mobile Alliance, Mobile Airport Authority,Mobile Area Water & Sewer System (MAWSS), Mobile Baykeeper, Mobile County Health Department – MCHD, since 1816, TEAM SHERIFF, Partners for Environmental Progress (PEP), Team Share the Road, The Peninsula of Mobile, and the USA Foundation.